Seven weeks...where does the time go? Believe it or not, my absence was for a good reason. Since January I have been writing like a madman. I've probably put down over three hundred pages--not sure how good some of the stuff is, but at least I'm writing.
AND MY FIRST RELEASE, "9 OF A KIND" IS FINALLY IN THE LAST STAGES OF EDITING!!!
A quick writing update without the caps. My book of short stories has changed drastically since I first envisioned the selections seven months ago. Stories have been deleted, others added or edited, and two have actually spawned companion stories. I might just be my own worst enemy when it comes to deciding when a story is finished. Damn.
Fear not folks, I have not forsaken my love for craft beer. For now, I'll skip my rant on beer snobs, beer geeks, and beer assholes, in favor of giving you a quick rundown of ten recent beers that I sampled. Some were great, others were clunkers. Here goes.
1. Sierra Nevada's Ruthless Rye IPA (draft) -- solid IPA -- rating 4
2. Troeg's Nugget Nectar (draft) -- better on draft than bottled -- rating 4
3. Sierra Nevada's Snow Wit White IPA (bottle) -- easy drinking IPA -- rating 3
4. Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra IPA (bottle) -- tasty and hoppy -- rating 4
5. Sierra Nevada's Nooner Session IPA (bottle) -- malty hoppy goodness -- rating 4
6. Sierra Nevada's Blindfold Black IPA (bottle) -- like drinking a hopped up coffee -- rating 4
7. DuClaw's Dirty Little Freak Coconut Caramel Chocolate Brown Ale (draft) -- the name lasts longer than the muddled taste -- rating 2
8. Tongerlo Prior Tripel Belgian Triple Ale (bottle) -- excellent, but strong -- rating 4
9. New Belgian Spring Blonde Ale Belgian Ale (bottle) -- OK at best -- rating 2
10. New Belgian Snapshot Wheat Beer (draft) -- thin and lacking -- rating 2
OK, so I like everything that Sierra Nevada makes (including their Summerfest which grew on me slowly).
I'd love to write more, but it is Friday and there is beer to drink. Cheers!!!