Friday, March 28, 2014

Seven Weeks...

Seven weeks...where does the time go?  Believe it or not, my absence was for a good reason.  Since January I have been writing like a madman.  I've probably put down over three hundred pages--not sure how good some of the stuff is, but at least I'm writing.

AND MY FIRST RELEASE, "9 OF A KIND" IS FINALLY IN THE LAST STAGES OF EDITING!!!

A quick writing update without the caps.  My book of short stories has changed drastically since I first envisioned the selections seven months ago.  Stories have been deleted, others added or edited, and two have actually spawned companion stories.  I might just be my own worst enemy when it comes to deciding when a story is finished.  Damn.

Fear not folks, I have not forsaken my love for craft beer.  For now, I'll skip my rant on beer snobs, beer geeks, and beer assholes, in favor of giving you a quick rundown of ten recent beers that I sampled.  Some were great, others were clunkers.  Here goes.

1. Sierra Nevada's Ruthless Rye IPA (draft) -- solid IPA -- rating 4
2. Troeg's Nugget Nectar (draft) -- better on draft than bottled -- rating 4
3. Sierra Nevada's Snow Wit White IPA (bottle) -- easy drinking IPA -- rating 3
4. Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra IPA (bottle) -- tasty and hoppy -- rating 4
5. Sierra Nevada's Nooner Session IPA (bottle) -- malty hoppy goodness -- rating 4
6. Sierra Nevada's Blindfold Black IPA (bottle) -- like drinking a hopped up coffee -- rating 4
7. DuClaw's Dirty Little Freak Coconut Caramel Chocolate Brown Ale (draft) -- the name lasts longer than the muddled taste -- rating 2
8. Tongerlo Prior Tripel Belgian Triple Ale (bottle) -- excellent, but strong -- rating 4
9. New Belgian Spring Blonde Ale Belgian Ale (bottle) -- OK at best -- rating 2
10. New Belgian Snapshot Wheat Beer (draft) -- thin and lacking -- rating 2

OK, so I like everything that Sierra Nevada makes (including their Summerfest which grew on me slowly). 

I'd love to write more, but it is Friday and there is beer to drink.  Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment