Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Another long weekend has come and gone.  Weather was perfect for all of my weekend plans.  I had no big plans, but I kind of like it that way, especially after having 2 weddings on back to back weekends.

Saturday.  A slow, meandering day, topped off by a monthly beer meeting.  Our Tipplers Beer Society has been meeting for over a year.  And though we do drink a fair amount of beer, we actually discuss and evaluate the merits of each beer.  This past meeting featured summer beers (my least favorite seasonal).  Christ it seemed as though we spent a good part of the afternoon swilling back Lemon Pledge.  Horrific.

Sunday.  The Missus, my brothers and myself went to a German Spring Fest.  Great music, great food, and three giant liters of beer (including Hofbrau Oktoberfest).  Awesome.

Monday.  Lazy day.  Read a lot, watched TV, and played some Xbox.  Drank a few beers.

Also thought a lot about the people around the world who do what they do, so I can do what I want to do.  I toast their efforts and think about God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood.  Cheers to all of the fine men and women who give so freely...

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment