Friday, April 5, 2013

Perils of Writing...

Well, I have had a productive week.  At least until this morning.  On Monday at 7am I started writing as if it were my job.  I logged about 24 hours of writing, editing, and thinking about new stories over the course of four days.  But, I hit a block.

And not a writer's block.  I broke my own rule.  If a story is deemed finished, then it goes into the folder marked "FINISHED."  That was until I reread a story called 'Birthday Wishes' (one of my personal favs).

Three lousy paragraphs...those few sentences have been a tremendous pain in my ass.  But, before the day is out, I'm going to fix those paragraphs, and the story will go back into the "FINISHED" folder and stay there.

On the brighter side, I've started to understand a little bit about myself.  I have more ideas than I can put down at one time.  I started a notebook full of story ideas.  It is filling up fast.

I have robot stories fighting with zombie stories, psycho slashers battling sadistic killers, all for space on the written page.  I'll get them all out...eventually.

After all, I'm in it for the long haul.



No comments:

Post a Comment